Algorithm Design and Analysis (SD3x) is now live on edX. SD3x is the third course in our CS Essentials for Software Development series. In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to represent data in ways that allow you to access it efficiently
- How to analyze the efficiency of algorithms
- How to bootstrap solutions on small inputs into algorithmic solutions on bigger inputs
- Solutions to several classic optimization problems
- How to critically analyze whether a locally optimal approach (greedy) can provide a globally optimal solution to a problem
CIS Professor and Department Chair Sampath Kannan has prepared lectures on course topics that will help you grow in your understanding of the art of algorithm design. After completing this course you will be able to design efficient and correct algorithms using sophisticated data structures for complex computational tasks. Take a look at the syllabus and enroll today.