Ready, set, go: The first course in our Computer Science Essentials for Software Development Professional Certificate program has launched on edX. SD1x: Software Development Fundamentals, taught by Lecturer Arvind Bhusnurmath, is a great introduction to the basic principles you’ll need to be comfortable with in order to master subsequent courses in the program with confidence.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Week 1 – Java Basics: Variables, conditionals, and loops. Creating your first
class in Java.
- Week 2 – Testing and debugging: Testing code while you write it in order to
ensure that fewer bugs make it all the way to a client. Become an effective
debugger by using tools that are within Eclipse. Learn how to handle things like
bad inputs/wrong file formats, etc.
- Week 3 – Intermediate Java: ArrayLists, encapsulation, static methods, and
objects interacting with other objects.
- Week 4 – Polymorphism (one name, many forms): Using overloaded methods,
class inheritance, and interfaces to ensure the least amount of code gets
repeated. Polymorphism is generally considered one of the core principles of
object oriented programming.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Basic knowledge of computer programming (variables, functions, control flow)
- Basic interest in software development.
We’ll take care of everything else. Email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enroll in SD1x now and start learning today.