Gain the systematic knowledge required to be a software developer.
In this professional certificate program, you will learn essential computer science concepts for software development ranging from the fundamentals of object-oriented programming to using efficient algorithms to design high-quality software.
This program will give you a thorough understanding of core principles of professional software development.
What You’ll Learn
- How to design, develop, and test large software applications using the Java programming language
- Development environments, tools, and frameworks for modern Java software development
- How to select, apply, and analyze the most appropriate data representations in your code
- How to apply object-oriented programming principles in order to develop high-quality software that is easy to read, understand, and modify
- Algorithmic thinking and problem-solving techniques
Did you know?
Courses can be taken individually online. Learners who pay for and complete all four courses will receive a Professional Certificate.
Prof. Chris Murphy on
Computer Science Essentials for Software Development