|Personal one-on-one career advising
When a student has completed the core courses in the curriculum they become eligible for personal one-on-one career advising with the Associate Director of Professional Development and Networking. These appointments occur virtually and include the some of the following topics:
- Mapping career goals
- Cover letter
- Internship search
- Job search
- Mock interviews
- Professional communication
- Personal branding
|Professional Development Skill Building
- Regular virtual seminars about career building with themes such as Resume Writing, Job Search, Interview Preparation, Offer Negotiation, etc. Current students also have access to recorded events.
- Live-streamed alumni interviews
- Monthly insights and current events from Associate Director of Professional Development and Networking
- Virtual opportunities such as small group sessions organized by area of interest and extracurricular project pitches
- In-person opportunities including on-campus events (when permitted)
- Robust Slack community for current students to interact
- Private LinkedIn group for all MCIT Online students & alumni
- Penn Alumni Directory (MyPenn)
- Alumni Clubs located around the world
- MCIT Online Virtual Fall Career Fair– Fall 2020 marked the first ever MCIT Online Career fair where employers engaged with students on the Handshake virtual event platform for group and one-on-one meetings. Fall 2021 date TBA
- Employer Information Sessions– Through Handshake, MCIT Online students can join virtual information sessions hosted by companies looking to connect with Penn students. The program will also organize employer information sessions specially tailored to MCIT Online students.
- SPARC (Side Projects for Advancement, Refinement and Collaboration)– A summer-long competition that provides the opportunity for students to collaborate in teams of 2-4 to work on a technical side project. The process of working through technical problems to showcase outcomes and solutions creates valuable assets students can use to prove the application of their technical skills to future employers.
|Job Boards and Online Subscriptions
(Current students must use their PennKey to access these resources)
- Handshake— Access to extensive job boards, internship reviews from 700+ member schools, virtual events
- CareerShift— CareerShift was created to help job seekers successfully navigate the published and hidden job market to find career opportunities. With CareerShift’s robust company and contact database, users can find current job postings and make meaningful new connections
- Goinglobal— Goinglobal offers a searchable database of thousands of international jobs and internship listings as well as provides country and international city specific resources. These resources include information on region-specific job boards, visa information (including H1B sponsorship list), and cultural advice.
- Big Interview— Big Interview is an online system that combines training and practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
- View our 2021 Preliminary Career Outcomes Report to see where students have found employment upon graduating from the program. We will continue to survey students until November, 2021 when we will share a final summary of findings regarding their post-graduation plans
|Connect Your Employer
Click here to see our employer page. If your current employer is interested in connecting with MCIT Online for hiring opportunities, student engagement, or career fair participation, feel free to connect them with Emily Parry (firstname.lastname@example.org).